This five-minute, mobile friendly resource is a great example of on-the-job performance support – just enough and just in time. Discover what we think makes it a success.
Supporting the modern learner on the job
If you were struggling to recall the details of a particular product you were thinking about buying, what would you do? Chances are, you’d whip out your phone and look it up. It’s second nature to just “Google it.”
But what if you’re a salesperson who needs more specific information about the products you’re selling? You still need to be able to look it up quickly in-between customers, but Google won’t suffice.
This is where digital performance support resources can save the day.
Our “On-the-job sales support” demo shows how a short and snappy online resource can provide just the right amount of specialist information in a simple, easy-to-access way. It could be used as a quick refresher or as part of a suite of microlearning on different products. And, it only took a couple of hours to create from the initial idea through styling, content writing, authoring and release.
On-the-job learning in action
Why we like it
- Provides the necessary content – no more, no less – in less than 5 minutes.
- Enables learners to “dip in and out” to access what they need quickly.
- Utilizes headings, imagery and bold keywords to show content at a glance.
- Optimizes brilliantly for tablet and mobile; perfect for an in-store environment.
Want to create something similar to support your staff on the job?
- Check out our guide to fast learning authoring to help you get off to a speedy start
- Try Elucidat’s authoring tool, for free
Latest posts by Georgina Cooke (see all)
- How to set elearning objectives that will help you meet business goals - June 27, 2018
- How to demonstrate elearning ROI in the most relevant way - June 20, 2018
- How to create personalized annual compliance training [Video] - May 30, 2018