Storytelling in elearning is powerful. Learn how to create engaging elearning experiences by reading five of my favorite articles on elearning storytelling.
1. Seven ways to integrate storytelling into your next elearning course
Christopher Pappas from Elearning Industry believes storytelling can help learners “feel more emotionally connected to the subject matter.”
2. Storytelling in elearning: Anna Sabramowicz’s 10-part video course
Understanding how to use storytelling in elearning can be extremely challenging. In this 10-part series, Anna Sabramowicz explores proven techniques for adding storytelling elements to your eLearning.
Watch Anna’s Storytelling in eLearning video series on YouTube:
3. How to use stories to create cutting edge scenario-based elearning
Li Whybrow breaks down the five design principles of great scenario-based elearning: Story, Script, Characters, Tension, and Resolution.
4. The power of storytelling in elearning
Jennifer Neibert suggests that the power of storytelling is realized when you make it personal, relevant and about the learning.
“The easiest way to start building storytelling into your learning is to introduce characters and scenarios that require your learners to make decisions and see the consequences of their choices.”
5. Using the principles of storytelling to create an engaging course
Sean Stoker suggests that “if a learner can relate to the topic and it’s applications, it becomes that much easier to absorb the material.”
Latest posts by Steve Penfold (see all)
- How to implement an effective employee training program - April 1, 2018
- Stop selling training the wrong way: 5 ideas to help you sell more courses - March 1, 2018
- 7 Elearning Authoring Tools: Comparison and Review - November 28, 2017