Tesco wanted to move away from face-to-face training and make better use of digital learning inside the business. Instead of relying on a handful of technical instructional designers, Tesco wanted an authoring tool that their entire team could easily use to create elearning.
Digital Learning Manager Sam Taylor needed a solution that could deliver learning to colleagues much quicker than before. She also wanted to give colleagues the opportunity to learn on tablet and smartphone devices.
“We’ve got people clamoring to use the tool which we never had before. We’ve doubled the amount of people making elearning whilst reducing costs by 50%.” – Sam Taylor
Sam Taylor chose Elucidat, an award-winning authoring tool (Gold Brandon Hall Award and 2015 UK eLearning Award) that helps large companies and training providers streamline elearning design, production, and deployment, enabling them to deliver multi-device elearning 50% faster.
Why Tesco chose Elucidat
- No need for technically experienced designers. Elucidat has made it easy for trainers to create great looking elearning with two hours of training.
- Less time to create engaging and robust elearning. Although Elucidat is simple to start, it is also robust for team members who need to design advanced elearning. Compared with other traditional tools, it takes less time to create non-linear learning: branching scenarios and menu screens (read more here).
- Mobile friendly learning. Elucidat’s responsive design feature seamlessly delivers the organization’s learning on smartphone and tablet devices. Instead of creating two versions of each course (desktop and mobile), the organization uses Elucidat’s responsive slider to build and test mobile friendly learning on desktop and mobile devices.
Elucidat was given to 37 authors within the organization. Even inexperienced staff could use the tool with two hours of training. Every user was very surprised at how easy it was to use.
Over a period of three months, there was a 50% increase in the number of users using Elucidat (not possible with past tools). This significantly helped the organization increase the speed at which it created elearning.
Sam Taylor and her team are now creating elearning modules in a couple of days rather than months. The organization is using Elucidat for all types of learning: compliance training, leadership skills training, and diagnostic assessments.
What makes Elucidat an award-winning authoring tool?
Elucidat’s award-winning authoring tool (Gold Brandon Hall Award and 2015 UK eLearning Award) helps large companies and training providers streamline elearning design, production, and deployment, enabling them to deliver multi-device elearning 50 percent faster.
In addition, Elucidat’s simple point and edit functionality empowers all team members (even non-technical ones) to create beautiful elearning that stands out from the crowd.
Latest posts by Steve Penfold (see all)
- 10 Elearning Authoring Tools: Comparison and Review - January 28, 2020
- Announcing Elucidat’s global expansion with US office - October 30, 2019
- Elucidat certified as Preferred Provider by Brandon Hall Group - September 26, 2019