Animation is a fun way to engage and motivate learners. Here are three of our favorite uses of animation in elearning.
Virgin Atlantic has used a novel approach to spicing up the boring safety message before take off. A storytelling animated video provides a fun, attention-grabbing message to all passengers.
The animation is stylish, well designed, and has a strong plotline. The video provides an education and memorable experience for customers.
Visit elearning: Virgin Atlantic’s safety message video
This fun animation video was used to raise funds to build a statue of Nikola Tesla in Silicon Valley. Built with popular animation software GoAnimate, it does a great job of communicating key ideas in a fun and engaging manner.
Animation features we like:
- Available in HTML5 and Flash.
- Good script, storyboarding and voice-over
- Excellent use of audio effects
Visit elearning: Watch the animation film by Northern Imagination
This example of animation, by the National Film Board of Canada, explores vertical living around the world. It does a good job of combining stunning imagery with animation and gamification.
The program plays like a movie, but you can stop it at points and explore more in depth through interactions such as pop-ups. By using HTML5, learners can complete it on a range of different devices.
Visit elearning: Highrise Documentary Project
Latest posts by Steve Penfold (see all)
- 9 Elearning Authoring Tools: Comparison and Review - January 1, 2019
- How to implement an effective employee training program - April 1, 2018
- Stop selling training the wrong way: 5 ideas to help you sell more courses - March 1, 2018